Hello Friends! I am back in Spain from my trip to Germany (which I will post on shortly). However, I have something surprising and delightful to report first: this blog has been nominated for a Liebster Award. You might be asking yourself what this is, I actually had no clue. After some searching on the internet, I found out that it’s an award given by new bloggers to other new bloggers. I was nominated by “I have the time. Now What?”, and you can find that blog here – thank you very much, I am flattered!
Being nominated for this award brings with it some obligations, which are the following:
- I post 11 things about myself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog that nominated me, and write 11 questions for the blogs I nominate.
- Choose my own nominations and link them to the page.
- Tell those blogs they have been nominated, so they can continue the process.
To me, this sounds like a fun idea. So here goes.
11 Things About Myself
- I am a redhead, which I have always loved.
- I have a degree in Spanish and Psychology.
- I don’t like coffee or tea, and have yet to develop any caffeine addiction.
- I am pretty sure I have a slight sugar addiction.
- Reading is my favorite pastime.
- My favorite color is teal. (It works well with #1).
- In addition to Spanish, I think it would be fun to learn Italian.
- I have been in 9 countries.
- I take forever to decide what I want at restaurants.
- I can bend one finger all the way back to touch my hand.
- It’s a hard choice between jeans and sweatpants, as to which is more comfortable.
11 Questions I was asked
1. What do you like about blogging? – I enjoy getting to share my experiences with others who might not get to see what I’ve seen. Blogging also helps me keep in touch with friends and family who are far away (since I’m currently in Spain).
2. Where is your dream vacation spot? – I would love to go to the Northeast USA. Clam chowder, lobster, apple cider and a Bed and Breakfast sounds about perfect.
3. What was the worst job you have held? – For me, it comes down to who you work with and for. One summer I had a boss who was emotionally cold, spied on the employees, played favorites, and made a grown woman break into tears in the break room. I was very happy to leave.
4. What advice would you give a new blogger? – Pictures help. Edit when you finish. Keep a notebook with you to keep track of ideas.
5. What is your favorite movie? – The Princess Bride.
6. What is your current obsession? – I find this question odd. I suppose it’s trying to learn all of the cultural norms in Spain, which is very time consuming.
7. How did you name your blog? – I wanted something clever, as well as something that reflected me, and what the blog would be about. ‘Meg’ is a nickname my family and close friends use, and motion is an understatement for how far I traveled to Spain, but it sounded good and seemed appropriate. No matter how far you travel though, life is always in motion. (Also, “Meg in” sounds like “Megan”.)
8. If you could only eat one thing for a year, what would you pick? – Macaroni and Cheese. It combines my two favorite food groups, carbs and dairy.
9. What are the top 5 things on your bucket list? – Funny you should ask, my list is in the US. But here are four that I remembered. Get married. Own a pair of Puma shoes. Help bring someone closer to Jesus. Learn to do the splits.
10. What is your guilty pleasure TV show? – Person of Interest
11. What book are you reading? -I generally read more than one at once. I am currently reading The Bible, Don Quijote (in English, but it’s in the US), and La Espada de los Elbos (it’s about Lancelot).
Here are the 11 questions I want to see my nominations answer:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your preferred method of communication?
- What is something you want to achieve with your blog?
- What is your favorite kind of restaurant?
- What do you like to listen to as you write?
- How did you name your blog?
- What is your dream job?
- What is one thing you are afraid of?
- If you could instantly gain fluency in another language, which would you choose?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is one thing you are proud of?
And now, here are a few blogs I have enjoyed reading, which I am nominating for their own Liebster Blog Award:
Katie Axelson, Living a Story Worth Telling
Kelly Nikondeha, Doing Theology in Transit
La Vida Sanjuanina (don’t be scared, it’s in English)
Angie Schuller Wyatt, God and Boobs
Thank you all for your support of my blog! I will be back soon to talk about Germany. : )